Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I Hate Summer

That's right, I said I HATE summer.  I always have.  Even as a kid.  So many people look forward to it, and all the fun they have, but for me, it's absolute misery.  The heat makes me cranky and crabby.  (Even more so than usual, heh heh.)  The kids are cranky and crabby, and they don't want to play outside, which they usually love to do, and they can get out their 'ya-yas'.  But, this is what is going on today:

Kids on floor watching TV....



Clothes hanging limp and damp, because it's so disgustingly humid, they won't dry....




Dog refusing the leave the porch, and silently pleading for me to let her back into the house...





And did you know that chickens pant?  Well, they do, poor little things...



And I have a quilting deadline, but it's just too darn hot to sit under a quilt, and hand-sew binding. 

So there, I've gotten it off my chest.  I'll be in a better mood come October....

1 comment:

  1. I REALLY want to try hand-sewing on the binding.. but I'm not so brave yet.
    I have no idea where you are that it is so humid, but I am envious of your amazing clothesline!

    ReplyDelete