Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lots O' Stitchin'

I'm on a bit of an embroidery kick this week.  It started with me practicing stitches for the Clover and Violet Stitch and Quilt Along.  Today, got my tracing of the design done,



And started stitching....


But earlier in the week I started this part for fun, part as a gift...





And yesterday, I finished this up as a teacher gift for someone who likes ladybugs.  This tutorial from Polka and Bloom was helpful in making the hoop frame. 



I seem to be adding and adding to that WIP/UFO stack, and not actually getting anything done!  Need to work on that! 

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I wish my embroidery was that neat. Posting my progress on Clover and Violet tomorrow. Oy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here from the Stitch and Quilt Along and it's fun to see your other work! The ladybug piece is sweet! I've been wanting to do something with a hoop frame for a while now.. love how they look! And the love birds piece is a lovely design! Did you draw it?
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! That's a good one. No, I did not draw that. I really have no artistic ability whatsoever. It's a Sublime Stitching iron-on pattern. They have a lot of fun, quick and easy patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stitcheries! You did a great job with them all!

    ReplyDelete